Thursday, March 16, 2006

Bahrain Day #1

12/02/2006

O boy, these rooms are huge :D

The first surprise Bahrain had to offer was the pleasant climate. Karachi had been in the 30s, and was a real surprise to experience the under 20 temperature of Manama, the capital city.

The airport did seem a bit small, but then Bahrain was no Dubai. The driver of “Elite Suites” happened to be from Karachi, fairly close to the place where I live. He gave me the first informal tour of Manama as we drove to Elite Suites.

As we had referred some other exhibitors to the suites, our rooms were upgraded to Diamond suites. There is a huge lounge attached to the bedroom, two 30 inch flatrons, a dvd, a sound system, a mini kitchen complete with utensils, microwave, sandwich maker, toaster, electric kettle, you name it. I was thinking, what am I doing all alone in these huge rooms :D? I mean I have stayed at the Sheraton, and Holiday Inn, but this place had a completely different ambience. Whats more, my corner room, has an unsecured wi-fi signal from a near by network too J. The only disappointment is that the pool is undergoing renovation. It is a pity though that the tiring days would mean that I wouldn’t get to really enjoy the place. Got to leave for a networking dinner now, better get going.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home