Thursday, March 16, 2006

Bahrain Day #3

14/02/2006

Yesterday was a long day. It wasn’t actually a client, but an acquaintance of boss from around here. He had lots of connections, and introduced us to a number of people. Also turned out to be a-soon-to-be-relative of boss. Took us to his place, where we chatted for like 90 minutes. I was so tired, was almost dozing and the host interpreted my lack of interaction as my shyness. Shy, hehehehehe. People who know me, would call me anything but shy. And just when I thought we were getting done, the host insisted on showing us around. It came as a mixed feeling. For one, I was really looking forward to see the real city, beyond the main streets and malls. However it was a bit of a disappointment. We did see some of the mansions of the sheikhs, but I would have preferred going to some old bazzars, or some place to really experience the place. We went to this Leabonese restaurant, but I was too tired to enjoy the food.

The place had a good ambience, but I was literally dropping by that time. Sleep’s not a problem with me, if I am with friends. But we had been talking business all day at the exhibition and were expected to do the same for another 3 days. So would have been nice to rest a bit.