Monday, November 01, 2010

No Agenda Days

Has anyone ever experienced a phase in life when you are in a complete "wait" state; a point you are just waiting for others to take decisions that will shape your life? Yes life moulding decisions. Mind you its not that nothings in your hands, indeed you have given others the very power to play their cards by playing yours. But having played yours, you are in a wait state. For lack of a better phrase I decided to call them the "No agenda days".

From time to time we do wait for things, for exam results, for job interviews, visa decisions..., but when both your professional and your personal life goes into a "wait state", you are left just by yourself. I realised I do not have a creative hobby, powerful enough to carry me at such times. I love reading books, but in a distracted state, its difficult to afford a book the seriousness it deserves. Tomorrow I am planning to return to my guitar, though I wish I had started my lessons earlier and done at least six months instead of the three weeks I was able to.

But the wait may just be over, time when things would fall into or to pieces. Tommorrow may just be the day of reckoning...

P.S. Everytime life has denied me something I really wanted, it has pretty soon given me an equally good alternate. An alternate the world seeks while it keeps alluding the seekers landing in my lap while I never expected it am trying to recover from my loss. I already see the alternates on the horizon, could it be the omen again?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Shazia said...

Though at times painful, these no agenda days should be taken as a blessing for people who have been keeping so busy! Enjoy and chill as much as you can, the response you are actually waiting for will come at its own sweet time. :)

1:34 AM  
Blogger Noorali Surani said...

Its a skill you gradually lose as you turn into a workholic. Breaks for me now are synonymus to travelling; Just doesnt feel like a break any more if I aint in a new setting :) which reminds me, who was the organiser of the Gawadar trip? trying to coax a few friends into a road trip :)

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home