Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Reason finally prevails :)

As was probably obvious I was going through a rough patch. The predicament lasted for a while, but I am finally over it :)

It was tough while I was going through it, couldn't get the damn thing outta my mind for even a second for even like 10 days. It was a dilemma whether to share it with friends and lighten the load I was carrying, or be a "man" and fare through my troubles on my own. Most people around me didn't have any idea of what I was going through, which I think helped cause they behaved normally. Even blogging helped a bit.

For all the trouble I went through, there were some positives to come out of it too. For two days when I was really low, I wasn’t in the best of moods. The people who work under my supervision regularly miss deadlines, but realizing I was in a bad mood we made really good progress. Perhaps I should try being stern more often :P. I lost appetite and lost like a kilo and a half in a single week :). Then I returned to blogging after a long time, cause didn't have anything better to do, when I would regularly wake up before the alarm clock rang (can you believe that :D). And I have also started writing this article that I had been planning for a long time. Hopefully if I wake up early again tomorrow, will try to completely knock it down.

I did share my troubles with a friend, which helped. In the end just about an hour ago when I was returning home from work, I was like enough is enough. One can't just keep mourning all his life. Shit happens and one's gotta move on. Now I am determined not to slip into that pit of mourning ever again, at least not over the recent event :D

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure the trip to India would have driven your blues away :) Talking about one's problem to a trusted friend, relative always helps. For me, even writing it down helps quite a lot. However, I think to each his/her own.

4:44 AM  
Blogger Noorali Surani said...

Yea, the trip certainly helped. For long periods i was just able to live in the present without being detained by the past or planning the future. I have this obsessive compulsive habit of planning, which in part is to do with my managerial role too, but for 18 days I lived the present, the moment itself and it was great fun. Trying to retain this attitudnal change, in routine life too :)

2:12 AM  
Blogger Faraz Haider said...

As mentioned in an earlier comment we are facing 'change' in our environments all the time.

While doing this we are taught to take care of ourselves. This inculudes our own health, mental and physical, our career, our education, our family life, our social circle and more.

Taking care of our selves neccessitates that we have a medium to adapt to this change.

Finding this medium is obviously quite important.

For me i discuss different issues with different people. Career related issues with colleagues at work, many things with parents, with friends, i do take care what i discuss with whom but i always find somebody to talk to.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home