Thursday, March 16, 2006

Bahrain Day #4:

15/02/2006

Today was perhaps the best day or rather evening since I have come here. Instead of going out with boss and manager to the mall for shopping, I joined the other exhibitors from Pakistan and we went out to explore the city a bit. It was 13 of us, and we went to Bab-al-Bahrain (Gate of Bahrain). We explored the bazzars with narrow lanes, most of them being run by desis. The place seemed flooded with Chinese goods. But it was interesting to walk through the narrow lanes. I was told the majority of the Muslim population in Bahrain was Twelvers. As it was Muharram, we came across this mosque with huge paintings depicting Karbala probably placed for the ashura. These were very vivid pictures, something that I have seen in churches, but never in mosques, even though I have many ‘twelver’ friends. Different traditions I guess. It’s a pity I didn’t have a camera to capture those images.

We had dinner at a road side eatery. This is the best food I have had for quite a while. The Bar-B-Q was done perfectly. Even the daal tasted lovely. Am actually planning to go back to the place again tomorrow for dinner J

Imran was insisting that we check out the night life. But boss and manager are gonno be leaving today around 11:30. Plus I really didn’t feel like going out with him, is a bit weird. Lets see.

While we were chatting in the lobby, S__ brought out a cake, that her husband had sent, thats when I remembered it was the 14th of Feb.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home