Thursday, March 16, 2006

Live every moment to the fullest….

Rabia called and asked me to tell Boss (Jawwad) that Leyuilyn had been hit by a speeding water tanker 2 hrs ago and had died on his way to the hospital. Phew, even though I had just met him once or twice, it was a difficult take.

Rabia is a former collegue. Jawwad had taught them a course in their undergrad. He had come to meet Jawwad and Rabia once or twice at the office. The guy was returning after an interview when his car was hit by a speeding water tanker.

I am supposed to ship the next release to my client on Saturday, so had to return to work, and didn’t think about it till I was on my way back. Was thinking, of Leyuilyn, his plans for life and his ambitions. Just thought if I was run over now, would I be satisfied with life? A fairly tough question, no easy answers.

I must say that I have lived a very fulfilling life so far. Have had ups and downs, but no major grievances yet, given a choice, would like to be myself, than anyone else, but certainly lots more to achieve. The worst fear is not death itself, but say, if you were forced into a situation of utter helplessness, maybe a coma or paralysis or a condition where you loose the ability to communicate or worse still to reason. Also tried to imagine what it would mean for people around you. Mom would be a total wreck. What about friends? A Noorali who dosent talk, wouldn’t be like Noorali, would he?

Fairly depressing thoughts, but two important takeaways

First: as the wise would say, live each and every moment of your life, as if it were the last.
Second: Try not to defer expressing your feelings, for tomorrow is a stranger you cant count on turning up :D

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi! welcome to blogdom :).

its great to read a blog by someone from my neighbouring country, a place i somehow dont know much about other than history chapters.

death and suffering is a tragedy, but there's always something to be learnt, because out of every sadness, hope is born. at least thats what i feel.

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it interior design

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home